You can learn web API design and REST in under 30 minutes per day. The REST architectural style defines a set of principles and constraints that promote system scalability, loose coupling, reduced latency, security, and the encapsulation of legacy systems.
While REST is relatively easy to understand, it does not provide any guidance on how to create programmable “Web APIs”. This course will help attendees acquire a thorough understanding of how to design RESTful Web APIs that support CRUD, transactional scenarios, workflow, and even complex systems integration.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Design a Web API that is able to evolve gracefully as business requirements change
- Implement the logic behind the APi
- Expose aspects of legacy applications through Web APIs
- Design APIs that promote superior performance, scalability, and security
- Create a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) through Web APIs
Who Is This Course For?
Developers, Technical Leads, Technical Architects, Technical Management.
Understanding Software Projects
Resources: Workbook, labs
Duration: 20h 00m