About your instructor
Earl Beede, CSDP is a Senior Fellow at Construx Software, where he designs and leads seminars and provides consulting services on early project-lifecycle practices, estimation, requirements, quality assurance, contract management, and software methodologies.
With more than 20 years experience as a quality assurance representative, systems analyst, process architect, and manager, Earl has designed and written software development processes for companies across a wide variety of industries. Prior to joining Construx, he held quality assurance and systems analyst positions at organizations that include the Department of Defense, Boeing Computer Services and Verizon Wireless.
Earl has a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Washington. He is a member of the IEEE Computer Society and a past coordinator of the Seattle Area SPIN (Software Process Improvement Network).
Agile Planning and Estimation
Learn state-of-the-art methods and practices for planning and estimating Agile projects at different levels of your organization. The real-world practices presented in this course are based upon evolved concepts and support both basic Scrum projects and Agile at scale
Duration: 2h 10m
Product Owner Boot Camp
This Scrum Product Owner eLearning course drills down into the detailed information needed to successfully plan releases, reflect stakeholder priorities, ensure the team builds the right product, and communicate with project stakeholders.
Duration: 7h 02m
Agile Requirements in Depth
This course dives into techniques for developing requirements on Agile projects, including the Agile Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), story mapping to define project scope, writing user stories, sizing stories (agile estimation), and developing acceptance criteria for user stories.
Duration: 6h 44m
What is the most frequently reported cause of software project failure–regardless of project size or type of software? Requirements challenges.Discover how leading-edge companies use requirements engineering to support successful software projects.
Duration: 5h 49m
10x Software Engineering
Discover the 8 Key Principles of 10x Software Development and how the most effective teams utilize them. Learn and apply critical techniques that will turn your team into a high performing, 10x Team.
Duration: 7h 33m
Total Project Quality
Learn how to define end-to-end project quality in terms that support project goals, with a focus customizing practices to the needs of individual projects. You will learn how to achieve quality throughout the project lifecycle — including numerous alternatives to end-of-project testing.
Duration: 6h 18m
Risk Management in Depth
Learn how to identify, address, and eliminate sources of risk before they grow into major problems. This course focuses on intermediate and advanced strategies and practical techniques to manage general risks and control your project’s specific risks.
Duration: 7h 01m
More about Earl
- Dogs—Earl’s daughters raised and trained several service dog puppies. One that washed out of finishing training and ended up with Earl’s boss, Steve McConnell. Now Earl just has one old dog.
- Huskies—Earl, his grandmother, father, wife, and all three daughters are University of Washington Huskies. Kind of stuck on one school.
- Gadgets—Earl has not found a gadget he doesn’t like. Enmeshed in the Apple ecosystem but he doesn’t have the watch (yet).
- Gardening—Earl likes to walk through gardens other people work on, especially formal ones. His wife likes to work on them so it works out well.
- Camping—Earl has been taken on many camping trips by his family; from counting Olympic Marmots to standing in pouring rain near a waterfall. What fun!
- Pacific—Earl really likes spending time walking on the ocean beaches in Washington. And drinking Pina Coladas… wait, that’s a bad song.
Raising service dogs